Probe into call details leak in murder caseJuly 14th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 14 (IANS) A probe has been launched on how the call details of a Kerala Police official involved in the investigation of the murder of a former CPI-M leader was leaked to media, Director General of Police Jacob Punnoose said Saturday.
“The case has been registered under the IT Act and the enquiries will begin from the BSNL offices. We are quite certain that we will be able to pin down who did this,” said Punnoose.
A Communist Party of India-Marxist publication this week published call details of the mobile owned by Deputy Superintendent of Police Josey Cherian.
The official heads the team investigating the May 4 murder of former CPI-M leader T.P. Chandrasekheran.
- CPI-M seeks probe into 'false' news on ex-leader's killing - Jul 11, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- Kerala politician's killers identified: Police - May 09, 2012
- CPI(M) leaders accused in murder of former party leader - Aug 13, 2012
- Slain Kerala leader's wife seeks CBI probe - Sep 04, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail in murder case (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Achuthanandan speaks out against party - Jun 01, 2012
- Achuthanandan too wants CBI to probe former colleague's murder - Sep 06, 2012
- Achuthanandan all set to defy party, go to Kudankulam - Sep 10, 2012
- Former CPI-M leader killed in Kerala - May 05, 2012
- CPI-M getting jittery over Kerala murder probe: Congress - May 21, 2012
- CPI-M on back foot as Kerala assembly session starts Monday (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 10, 2012
- Notice against Kerala minister for alleged phone tapping - Jul 31, 2012
- About 80 percent turnout in Kerala bypoll (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Chandy rebuts Left claims of police torture in murder case - Jun 08, 2012