Probe against Chautala still on: CBI chiefJune 21st, 2009 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 21 (IANS) Investigations are still on against former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and his family in a case of disproportionate assets, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Director Ashwani Kumar said Sunday.
“Investigations into the amassing of assets beyond their known sources of income are still on against Om Prakash Chautala and his family members,” Ashwani Kumar told IANS here.
“The investigations have been on for quite some time. It will take more time to collect the evidence against Chautala and his sons Ajay Singh and Abhay Singh from various states regarding their moveable and immovable assets,” added Ashwani Kumar, who was here to attend a Rotary Club function.
“There is no question of seeking the government nod to prosecute the Chautalas unless the probe is complete,” he said in reply to a question.
Om Prakash Chautala, a legislator in Haryana, is president of the Indian National Lok Dal. He was chief minister during July 1999-March 2005 and also between 1989 and 1990.
His elder son Ajay Singh is a Rajya Sabha member and younger son Abhay Singh is the president of the Indian Boxing Federation and a former legislator.
The CBI had registered a case against Chautala in 2006 on the recommendation of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda of the Congress.
- Apex court clears way for Chautala brothers' prosecution (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Apex court rejects Chautala brothers' plea - Jul 04, 2011
- Hearing adjourned on Chautala son's plea against graft charges - Sep 17, 2010
- Haryana panel formed on takeover of Chautala trusts - Aug 24, 2011
- Bailable warrant against Haryana legislator Abhay Chautala - Feb 15, 2010
- Graft case against Chautala brothers stayed (Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- Apex court stays anti-graft hearings against Chautalas - Oct 22, 2010
- Court's 'No' to Ajay Chautala's plea on Pakistan visit - Jun 16, 2010
- Chautala's interim bail extended in graft case - May 04, 2010
- Ajay Singh Chautala seeks quashing of corruption charges, trial - Jan 03, 2012
- Chautala gets interim bail in graft case - May 03, 2010
- Court issues notice to CBI on Chautala plea - May 05, 2011
- Abhay Chautala facing bailable warrant - Feb 15, 2010
- Why no sanction sought, court asks CBI in Chautalas case - Mar 22, 2010
- Abhay Chautala gets interim bail in graft case - Feb 22, 2010
Tags: abhay, ashwani, boxing federation, cbi chief, central bureau of investigation, chautala, chief minister, family members, government nod, hooda, investigations, june 21, legislator, lok, quite some time, rajya sabha member, reply, rotary club, shimla, younger son