Priyanka Gandhi’s father-in-law found hanging in Delhi guest houseApril 3rd, 2009 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Rajinder Vadra, the father-in-law of Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, was Friday found hanging from a ceiling fan in a south Delhi guest house, highly placed police sources told IANS.
“Rajinder used the wire of a clothes iron to hang himself from the ceiling fan in a guest house, City Inn, in Hauz Khas area. A room attendant found the body around 9.30 a.m.,” said a police official.
“The guest house employees rushed him to a private hospital in Saket where he was declared brought dead. The body was shifted to Safdarjung Hospital for post-mortem,” the official added.
According to the official, Vadra was in his 60s and was staying at the guest house for some time. He was undergoing treatment at the Super Specialty Max Hospital for a liver disease, he said.
After the post-mortem examination, the body was handed over to his son Robert Vadra. The cremation was held at the Lodhi Road crematorium.
Rajinder Vadra resided in the Civil Lines area of Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh and ran a brass and wood handicrafts business from there.
Around seven-eight years ago Robert Vadra sent a notice to his father and elder brother Richard, accusing them of using his relationship with Priyanka Gandhi to try and get people appointed to the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee and the Moradabad District Congress Committee.
Rajinder Vadra, who was separated from his family, had in an interview denied his son’s allegations and expressed his displeasure at his marrying Priyanka, the daughter of Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
His daughter Michelle died in a car accident some years ago.
- Priyanka returns to campaign in Amethi (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Priyanka returns to campaign in Amethi - Jan 16, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi out of ICU - Aug 06, 2011
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Manipuri student commits suicide in Bangalore - May 04, 2012
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Woman doctor commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 18, 2011
- Man hangs himself to death in Gurgaon - Jun 16, 2012
- Security guard commits suicide in Delhi - Dec 03, 2011
- Woman commits suicide in Delhi - May 03, 2011
- Rahul not working for his reputation in UP: Priyanka - Feb 05, 2012
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Boy commits suicide after mother's scolding - Feb 28, 2011
- Doctor arrested for selling corpses (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: brother richard, congress president sonia gandhi, daughter michelle, district congress committee, elder brother, liver disease, lodhi road, moradabad district, mortem examination, police official, police sources, private hospital, priyanka gandhi vadra, rajinder, robert vadra, room attendant, saket, south delhi, undergoing treatment, wood handicrafts