Presidential poll: SP to await UPA, NDA choicesJune 9th, 2012 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 9 (IANS) Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Saturday said that his party would “open its cards” on the presidential election only after the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and the opposition National Democratic Alliance (NDA) announce their candidates.
Mulayam Singh made his stand clear while addressing party workers at the party office here.
He also praised the work so far of the state government led by his son Akhilesh Yadav and asserted that in days to come, the government would work more vigorously for the development of the state and welfare of the people.
Mulayam Singh assured the party workers and supporters from the minority community that the state government would implement the Sachar Committee and Ranganath Mishra Commission recommendations.
He told party workers not to get involved in transfers and postings of officials and rather highlight the problems faced by people and get these redressed by the officials.
- Alliance with Congress not possible, says Akhilesh - Feb 29, 2012
- Neither BJP nor Congress will get majority in 2014: Mulayam - Aug 18, 2012
- Mulayam day-dreaming of becoming PM: Beni Prasad - Aug 20, 2012
- Urdu medium schools for Muslims in UP - Apr 02, 2012
- Mulayam summons UP police chief, chief secretary over violence (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Mayawati's officials out to taint SP's image: Akhilesh (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- SP cadre not in favour of bailing out Congress - Sep 20, 2012
- At 38, Akhilesh to be UP's youngest chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- BSP officials out to taint SP's image, says Akhilesh Yadav - Mar 09, 2012
- Suresh Raina meets UP CM, demands better sports facilities - Mar 24, 2012
- Law and order breakdown in Uttar Pradesh: Mayawati - May 19, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Pranab receives warm welcome in Lucknow, meets Mulayam and Mayawati - Jul 04, 2012
- Akhilesh becomes UP chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Congress, BSP ignoring Muslims: Mulayam - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: cards, choices, commission recommendations, minority community, mishra, mulayam singh yadav, national democratic alliance, opposition, postings, presidential election, presidential poll, progressive alliance, ranganath, Samajwadi Party, state government, UPA, welfare