President, vice-president, PM greet nation on RamnavamiApril 2nd, 2009 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil, Vice-President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday greeted the nation on the occasion of Ramnavami, which is celebrated as the birth of Hindu god Ram.
“On the auspicious occasion of Ramnavami, I extend my greetings and best wishes to all my fellow citizens,” the president said in her message.
Ramnavami will be celebrated in the country on Friday.
“May the celebrations of this joyous festival bring all our people together and inspire us to follow the highest moral and ethical values of Lord Ram and rededicate ourselves to build a glorious nation,” the president said.
In his message from London, the prime minister, who is attending the G20 meet, said: “Lord Ram is the embodiment of righteousness and high moral values. His philosophy and teachings inspire all of us to rededicate ourselves to cause of the underprivileged with service and sacrifice. May the festival usher in happiness, prosperity and well being of all.”
The vice-president also offered his good wishes to the people and said “the life and teachings of Lord Ram are a beacon of light to mankind with his message that the good and the righteous shall always emerge victorious”.
“Ram Navami is dedicated to the memory of Lord Ram who is remembered as Maryada Purushottama for upholding the high standards of ethical conduct in life and for establishing a peaceful, harmonious and prosperous society,” he added.
He said on the occasion “let us resolve to strive towards realising the enlightened teachings of Lord Ram to usher in peace and harmony in our society”.
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- President, vice president greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- Hamid Ansari greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- PM greets the nation on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami (Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- President, Vice President greet people on 'Ram Navami' - Apr 02, 2009
- PM greets nation on Ram Navami - Mar 23, 2010
- Ram Navmi celebrated on Friday - Apr 03, 2009
- President Patil greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, PM greet the nation on Buddha Purnima - May 05, 2012
- Prime Minister greets nation on 'Ram Navami' - Apr 02, 2009
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 15, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Mahavir Jayanti (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Dussehra, Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: auspicious occasion, embodiment, ethical conduct, g20, glorious nation, hamid ansari, hindu god, lord ram, manmohan, manmohan singh, moral values, peace and harmony, president pratibha patil, president vice, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prosperous society, ram navami, ramnavami, righteousness