President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead)August 30th, 2011 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Vice President Hamid Ansari Tuesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Wishing all ‘Eid Mubarak’, President Patil said the festival “brings joy and happiness on the culmination of the month of Holy Ramzan, a period of fasting, prayer and charity.”
“May this festival strengthen mutual goodwill and inspire each one of us to follow the path of love, friendship and harmony,” she said.
Eid will be celebrated across the country Wednesday.
The prime minister said the festival of Eid highlights the spirit of sacrifice and the joy of sharing.
“The celebrations marking the end of the Ramzan fasting foster peace and harmony and reflect the true spirit of our composite culture.”
“May the festival spread peace, tolerance and harmony among all,” Manmohan Singh said.
Vice President Ansari said the festival is celebrated with traditional gaiety, expression of brotherhood and understanding across the country.
“The fasting observed during Ramzan reaffirms the spirit of charity and generosity and highlights the feelings of empathy.”
“May the noble ideals of EId-ul-Fitr enrich our lives with peace, prosperity and harmony and unite us all in the spirit of universal brotherhood of all humanity,” he added.
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Prime Minister greets nation on Eid - Aug 30, 2011
- President Mukherjee greets nation on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
- President, PM, Sonia greet nation on Eid - Nov 06, 2011
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- President Patil, Vice President Ansari greet people on Id-ul-Fitr - Sep 10, 2010
- PM meets Ansari on Eid - Aug 20, 2012
- PM greets nation on Eid - Sep 20, 2009
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
- PM visits Ansari, greets him on Eid - Aug 31, 2011
- Mamata wishes people on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Eid with feasting and fervour - Aug 20, 2012
- Dikshit greets people on Eid eve - Sep 10, 2010
- Stray incident apart, Eid prayers offered peacefully in Kashmir - Aug 20, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,