President, prime minister greet nation on Diwali (Lead)October 27th, 2008 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) India’s president, vice president and prime minister Monday greeted the nation on the joyous occasion of Diwali, the festival of lights, saying it reflects the country’s composite culture.Conveying warm greetings and good wishes, President Pratibha Patil said: “May this year’s festival bring peace, prosperity and communal harmony amongst people, as well as remove ignorance and light the lamp of knowledge amongst us all.”
“Diwali, the festival of lights, signifies the triumph of righteousness and victory of good over evil within every human being,” she said.
Diwali will be celebrated across the country Tuesday.
Extending his warm greetings and good wishes, Vice President Hamid Ansari said the occasion is celebrated all over the country in a mood of festivity and gaiety.
“The festival signifies the victory of good over evil and strengthens our resolve to follow the high ideals in life. Deepavali has always been a great unifying force in our society as it draws people out in a joyful celebration. Let us celebrate this unique festival in its true spirit,” he said.
“May this festival usher in peace, prosperity and happiness in the lives of all citizens,” he added.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said the festival is an important occasion for promoting brotherhood and fellow feeling among all sections of people.
“The festival celebrates the victory of good over evil and reflects the true spirit of our composite culture. It also heralds the approach of winter and the beginning of the sowing season,” said the prime minister.
“May this festival of lights bring joy, happiness, peace and prosperity, to our people,” he added.
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Nov 04, 2010
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- President, VP, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 16, 2009
- Diwali being celebrated with traditional fervour and zeal across India - Nov 05, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Dussehra, Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- President, PM greet people on Diwali (Lead) - Oct 16, 2009
- President Patil, Vice President Ansari greet nation on Deepawali - Nov 04, 2010
- Prime Minister greets nation on Eid - Aug 30, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 27, 2008
- President Patil, Prime Minister Singh greet the nation on Diwali eve - Oct 16, 2009
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
- President, PM, Sonia greet nation on Eid - Nov 06, 2011
- Dussehra being celebrated throughout India - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: communal harmony, composite culture, fellow feeling, hamid ansari, joyful celebration, manmohan singh, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, warm greetings