President, PM greet nation on JanmashtamiAugust 9th, 2012 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Vice President M. Hamid Ansari Thursday greeted the nation on the eve of Janmashtami festival.
In his message, President Mukherjee said: “On the occasion of Janmashtami, I extend my greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens.”
“Let us on this auspicious day dedicate ourselves to the service of the nation. Let us concentrate on performing our duties without thinking about the rewards. Good results will definitely follow right actions. Let us imbibe Lord Krishna’s message of love and compassion, of oneness and pluralism and work together to take our great country forward,” he added.
The prime minister said Janmashtami is a celebration of Lord Krishna’s timeless message of renunciation of fruits of action. “May the festival inspire us towards a disciplined work-ethic, and imbibe us with the spirit of selfless service to the nation,” he added.
Vice President Ansari also extended his greetings and good wishes to the citizens.
“I extend my heartiest greetings and good wishes to the citizens of our country on the auspicious occasion of Janmashtami. Celebrated across the country with traditional fervour and enthusiasm, Janmashtami reminds us of the life and teachings of Lord Krishna. May this auspicious occasion bring amity, harmony, prosperity and happiness in our lives,” he said.
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- President, PM, vice president greet nation on Christmas (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 15, 2011
- President, vice president greet nation on Buddha Purnima - May 26, 2010
- Vice President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 12, 2011
- Hamid Ansari greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, vice president greet nation on Holi - Mar 18, 2011
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Holi - Mar 18, 2011
- President greets nation on Onam - Aug 28, 2012
- President Mukherjee greets nation on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- President, PM greet nation ahead of Janmashtami - Sep 01, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Buddha Purnima (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- President, Vice President greet nation on Makara Sankranti, Pongal - Jan 13, 2011
- President, Vice President greet citizens on occasion of Christmas - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: amity, auspicious day, auspicious occasion, compassion, hamid ansari, janmashtami, lord krishna, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, oneness, pluralism, pranab mukherjee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prosperity, renunciation, selfless service, timeless message, work ethic