President cancels Manali tripMay 29th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by admin
Shimla, May 29 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil Thursday cancelled her one-day holiday trip to the hill station Manali in Himachal Pradesh — so as not to inconvenience tourists. Patil remained with her family members at The Retreat Rashtrapati Niwas at Chhabra, 15 km from here.
Although no official reason was given, officials said she cancelled the trip as she did not want any inconvenience to tourists during the peak summer season.
Patil, on a six-day holiday in this hill state, attended a civic reception in her honour at Shimla’s historic Ridge Wednesday.
- President arrives in Shimla with family for holiday - May 28, 2008
- President's daughter to holiday in Shimla - May 13, 2011
- President Patil's Shimla holiday ends - Jun 01, 2008
- Himachal offers discount to Pakistani guests - Mar 30, 2011
- Himachal's snowy peaks pull in tourists - Dec 12, 2011
- Still snowing tourists in Himachal hills - Mar 25, 2011
- It's a dry Christmas in Himachal resorts this year - Dec 24, 2011
- Himachal profits from Kashmir tourist overflow - May 28, 2012
- Sunny but nippy New Year's day in Himachal (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- Good Friday weekend drives tourists to Himachal - Apr 22, 2011
- Whistleblowers with a difference - on 'clean Shimla' mission (Letter from Shimla) - Aug 14, 2012
- Shimla gets season's first snowfall - Jan 04, 2012
- Snow in Manali hills, tourists happy on 11.11.11 - Nov 11, 2011
- Snow-clad mountains luring tourists to Himachal - Nov 19, 2010
- Himachal likely to get 50,000 weekend tourists - Aug 09, 2012