President Barack Obama To Visit New Orleans To Mark Hurricane Katrina’s Fifth AnniversaryAugust 29th, 2010 - 9:03 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
New Orleans, Aug 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) United States President Barack Obama on Sunday would be visiting the city of New Orleans which was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. On Sunday, which is the fifth anniversary of the one of the most destructive natural disasters ever confronted by the nation, the United States President would be taking the opportunity to tell all the residents of the city that he is still highly committed to rebuilding it. It has been reported that President Barack Obama would be accompanied by the first lady Michelle Obama when he lands on New Orleans on Sunday.
The United States President would be delivering a speech at Xavier University on Sunday afternoon in which the Democratic leader is expected to tell the students, local leaders and more importantly the state that he is well aware of the struggle that the city has had to cope since Hurricane Katrina caused widespread devastation in New Orleans. At the same time, during his speech President Barack Obama is also likely to talk about the issues that the residents of the city had to face due to the BP oil spill.
While revealing details of the speech that the United States President would be delivering during his address at Xavier University, Deputy White House Press Secretary Bill Burton told the media that President Barack Obama would be discussing about the steps that have already been taken to recover from the devastation caused by the natural calamity and would also point out the initiative that the government intends to take in the future as well.
- New Orleans Still In The Rebuilding Process Five Years After Hurricane Katrina - Aug 29, 2010
- Bobby Jindal skips Republican convention as storm looms - Aug 28, 2012
- Over 150,000 without power in Bobby Jindal's Louisiana - Sep 03, 2012
- As hurricane hits home, Bobby Jindal takes charge - Aug 29, 2012
- Over a million homes without power in storm-hit US states - Aug 31, 2012
- Obama assures hurricane hit Louisiana of federal help - Sep 04, 2012
- HUD Secretary of America Articulates Growth In Housing In New Orleans - Aug 30, 2010
- Obama visits Katrina-ravaged New Orleans - Oct 16, 2009
- Brad Pitt Visits New Orleans - Aug 29, 2010
- Obama declares emergency for New York ahead of hurricane(Lead) - Aug 27, 2011
- Obama inspects damage by hurricane Irene - Sep 05, 2011
- Fishermen Community Left Unimpressed By The Oval Office Speech Of President Obama - Jun 16, 2010
- US envoy visits flood victims in Leh, offers assistance - Sep 20, 2010
- 100 flights cancelled in Canada over Irene storm - Aug 29, 2011
- Amtrak working to restore service - Aug 29, 2011
Tags: barack obama, bill burton, bp, bp oil spill, city of new orleans, democratic leader, destructive natural disasters, devastation in new orleans, fifth anniversary, first lady, gina gomez, hurricane katrina, initiative, michelle obama, natural calamity, press secretary, sunday afternoon, white house, white house press, xavier university