Pranab visits Belur MathJune 24th, 2012 - 4:28 pm ICT by IANS
Belur (West Bengal), June 24 (IANS) UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee Sunday visited Belur Math, the headquarters of the Ramkrishna Mission, and offered prayers.
Clad in a white kurta, dhoti and Nehru coat, Mukherjee was accompanied by his son Abhijit.
Monks later garlanded him. During his 45-minute visit, he prayed at the old shrine, Sarada Devi Temple and the Swami Vivekananda temple where the mortal remains of Vivekananda are kept.
Mukherjee called on Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj, president of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission.
Before leaving, Mukherjee waved to the crowds gathered outside.
- Pranab receives tumultuous welcome on arrival in Kolkata - Jun 22, 2012
- Ramakrishna Mission vice president dead - Oct 20, 2011
- Mamata lays foundation stone of Kolkata Metro extension - Jan 02, 2010
- Ramakrishna Paramahansa's 175th birth anniversary celebrated - Mar 06, 2011
- Science merges with art in laser tribute to Vivekananda - Aug 22, 2012
- Pranab appeals to undecided parties to support him (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Indian CEO spreads message of insurance and Vivekananda in Nepal (Feature) - Feb 18, 2010
- Thousands watch Kumari worship at Belur Math - Oct 04, 2011
- Rs.100 crore Vivekananda education project approved - Sep 03, 2010
- Vivekananda movement grows in Nepal on 148th anniversary - Jan 11, 2011
- Ramakrishna Mission president's condition stable - Feb 16, 2011
- Ramakrishna Mission monk dead - Oct 18, 2009
- India on World Heritage Committee for 4 years - Nov 11, 2011
- Mamata mulls autonomy for Ramakrishna Mission schools - Jul 05, 2012
- Ramakrishna Mission chief's condition stable - Jul 20, 2010