Pranab slams Team Anna, says allegations ‘unfair’June 18th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday slammed Team Anna for the “unfair” and “motivated” graft allegations against him, and that too after he was chosen as a presidential candidate.
He also termed the allegations “false, self-seeking, malafide and made with ulterior motive and lacking any form of responsibility”.
Reacting to the allegations raised by Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, Mukherjee said it was “unfortunate” that India Against Corruption (IAC), that claims to represent high standards of ethical behaviour, had thrown its professed moral ground to the winds and sent the allegations to the prime minister.
The reply sent by Mukherjee’s officer on special duty noted that the IAC had, in its complaint, failed to disclose that these very allegations were subject matter of a public interest litigation before the Delhi High Court and that the matter was sub judice, with Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan as the advocate.
- Team Anna's allegations unfair, motivated: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Team Anna reiterates demand for probe against Pranab - Jun 22, 2012
- Police file report against Prashant Bhushan - Sep 03, 2012
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012
- Court seeks police report on Kejriwal - Aug 13, 2012
- Government trying to scuttle our movement: Bedi - Oct 29, 2011
- Kiran Bedi skips IAC protest rally - Aug 26, 2012
- Court order on plea against Kejriwal June 27 (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Free cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, demands Kejriwal (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Attacks pre-planned, claims Kejriwal - Oct 14, 2011
- Team Anna attacks key ministers (Third Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Wish movement had remained as it was, says Kiran Bedi - Aug 27, 2012
- 'We are united', reiterates Team Anna; visits Hazare (Lead) - Oct 30, 2011
- Team Anna charges Manmohan, Chidambaram, Pranab of corruption (Second Lead) - May 26, 2012
Tags: advocate, allegations, arvind kejriwal, bhushan, corruption, delhi high court, ethical behaviour, false self, finance minister, India, motive, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, prime minister, public interest litigation, reply, sub judice, subject matter