Pranab a great political scholar: Amartya SenJuly 23rd, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 23 (IANS) Terming President-elect Pranab Mukherjee as one of the greatest “political scholars” of the country, Nobel laureate Amartya Sen Monday said he was extremely happy both as a Bengali and as an Indian over him getting the country’s top job.
“As a Bengali, I am extremely happy. He is one of the greatest political scholars of our country. He is a wise man,” said Sen.
The Nobel laureate, who has recently been appointed the first chancellor of the upcoming Nalanda International University, hoped that the university will grow into an internationally renowned institute.
The president is the ex-officio visitor of the university.
“I hope that we will get his advice in our efforts to make it an internationally renowned institute,” said Sen.
- Amartya Sen appointed chancellor of Nalanda University - Jul 20, 2012
- Amartya Sen in Bihar for Nalanda meeting - Jul 18, 2012
- Amartya Sen-headed Nalanda varsity group to meet in Patna - Jul 05, 2011
- Nalanda Mentor Group holds meet in Patna - Jul 06, 2011
- Amartya Sen to be chief mentor of Presidency University - Jun 04, 2011
- Netaji's grand nephew to help revive Presidency - Jun 06, 2011
- Primary education in India: Learn from ASEAN, says Amartya - Jul 21, 2012
- New thinking needed to save Presidency, say experts - Jul 23, 2011
- Vacancies to be filled at Kolkata's Presidency University - May 26, 2011
- Global competition for Nalanda university design - Jul 07, 2011
- Jamia honours Amartya Sen (With Image) - Dec 16, 2011
- Amartya Sen welcomes Mamata's move on Presidency varsity - Jul 08, 2011
- Setting up new Nalanda a challenging task: Amartya Sen - Jan 04, 2011
- PM's 'chair' offered to Cambridge professor - May 20, 2012
- Global design competition for Nalanda university - Feb 21, 2011