Prabhat Jha is new Madhya Pradesh BJP chiefMay 8th, 2010 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 8 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Rajya Sabha member Prabhat Jha was Saturday elected unopposed as the president of the Madhya Pradesh unit of the party, it was announced here.
Kalraj Mishra, the BJP’s national vice-president and election observer, also announced the names of 29 members for the BJP National Council at the state party office.
Names of several senior leaders, including Sumitra Mahajan and Faggan Singh Kulaste, were doing the rounds for the top post but finally they withdrew from the contest.
Mishra said only one nomination was received for the post and Jha was eventually elected unopposed.
Jha succeeds Narendra Singh Tomar, who was in March appointed national general secretary of the party.
- Smriti Irani to head BJP's women's cell - Jun 15, 2010
- New mayor for south Delhi civic agency - May 02, 2012
- BJP rally in support of arrested ex-MP - Sep 30, 2011
- Gadkari names in-charges for states - Jul 23, 2010
- Vajpayee, Modi among BJP's star campaigners - Jan 09, 2012
- BJP top brass descend for Modi fast - Sep 16, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Congress protests remarks by BJP leaders on ministers - May 23, 2011
- New Mayor for east Delhi civic agency - May 01, 2012
- Gadkari names in-charges of states (Lead) - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Tainted' BJP leader files Rajya Sabha papers - Mar 19, 2012
- Cash-for-votes scam: Saxena sent to police custody - Jul 18, 2011
- Kalraj Mishra quits Rajya Sabha - Mar 21, 2012
- Cash-for-votes scam: Sanjeev Saxena arrested - Jul 17, 2011
- Gadkari unveils new BJP team, a mix of old and young (Lead) - Mar 16, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bhopal, bjp leader, doing the rounds, election observer, general secretary, jha, narendra singh, national vice president, nomination, rajya sabha member, sumitra mahajan, unopposed