Post Pune, police check Anna fast venueAugust 2nd, 2012 - 3:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) A day after the Pune serial blasts, explosive experts Thursday examined the venue here where social activist Anna Hazare and his colleagues are on fast.
A Delhi Police bomb disposal squad reached the site around 7.30 a.m. and combed the area, police said.
Among those on fast are Hazare, Arvind Kejrival, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai. While Hazre started his hunger strike July 29, the other three have been on fast since July 25.
Team Anna is seeking the passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill by parliament apart from setting up special teams to probe corruption charges against 14 ministers in the central government.
This is Hazare’s third indefinite fast for a Jan Lokpal Bill.
- Listen to doctors, cops tell Team Anna (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Prominent citizens appeal to Team Anna to call off fast (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna supporters protest outside BJP office - Aug 02, 2012
- Team Anna has hidden agenda, says Narayanasamy - Jul 27, 2012
- Team Anna to end fast Friday - Aug 02, 2012
- Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Team Anna to end fast in V.K. Singh's presence - Aug 03, 2012
- Premature to form political party: Manish Sisodia - Aug 03, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012
- Team Anna ends fast - Aug 03, 2012
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna hardens stand, cops want them hospitalised (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Jan Lokpal is thrust of our movement: Anna (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: anna hazare, arvind, aug 2, bomb disposal squad, central government, colleagues, corruption charges, delhi police, explosive experts, gopal rai, hazre, hunger strike, manish, New Delhi, parliament, police check, pune police, serial blasts, social activist, venue