Portfolio reshuffle in Delhi cabinetAugust 28th, 2012 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday reshuffled the portfolios of her ministers, sources in the government said.
Health Minister A.K. Walia, who held several portfolios, has been divested of the revenue and urban development charge, sources told IANS. Walia has been given the additional responsibility of higher education department.
He also holds the portfolio of flood and irrigation department.
However, there was no official confirmation from the chief minister’s office. The official announcement is expected Tuesday.
Arvinder Singh Lovely has been entrusted the urban development and revenue departments.
The transport department, which till now was looked after by Lovely, has been given to Labour Minister Ramakant Goswami.
The education department, which was also under Lovely, has been handed over to Kiran Walia who holds the portfolios of women and child and social welfare.
Power Minister Haroon Yusuf is said to have been given the industries department which was under Goswami.
“I just go to know about the reshuffle but can’t say much,” a minister told IANS.
The reshuffle comes on a day when the government cleared the way for regularising 900 colonies the work of which was given to A.K. Walia. the senior most minister in Sheila Dikshit’s cabinet.
- Reshuffle to ease work of overburdened ministers: Dikshit - Aug 28, 2012
- Goswami made Delhi cabinet minister (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Delhi government to allot plots to physically challenged - Jun 19, 2012
- Delhi gets centre's nod to regularise 917 colonies - Aug 28, 2012
- Dikshit lauds steps to regularise illegal colonies - Jun 09, 2012
- 'Claims of regularising unauthorised colonies a gimmick' - Jul 05, 2012
- 7,400 houses for poor in Delhi, says Dikshit - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi CM Dikshit reshuffles her cabinet - Feb 16, 2011
- GoM set up for Delhi's unauthorised colonies - Sep 12, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Delhi's 1,500 illegal colonies to be regularised - Feb 07, 2011
- Ramakant Goswami sworn-in as Delhi minister - Feb 16, 2011
- Over 1,000 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Jun 25, 2010
- Yamuna crosses danger mark - Aug 17, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: chief minister, colonies, confirmation, flood, haroon, health minister, higher education department, irrigation department, labour minister, New Delhi, portfolios, power minister, ramakant, reshuffle, revenue departments, sheila dikshit, social welfare, transport department, urban development, walia