Polling hits banking services in TripuraApril 23rd, 2009 - 12:26 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, April 23 (IANS) Banking services had to be curtailed in Tripura after the Election Commission appointed a large number of bank employees to conduct the Lok Sabha election Thursday, an official here said.
“We had to restrict some customer services since Wednesday as a large number of bank employees of various nationalised banks were engaged in the general election,” a senior bank official said.
“Most of the ATM (Automated Teller Machine) centres and other services were stopped since Wednesday in Tripura,” he said.
The Tripura government declared a holiday Thursday for all government, semi-government offices, banks and educational institutions to enable people to exercise their franchise.
Voting is in progress Thursday across Tripura to elect two members to the Lok Sabha. The balloting ends at 4 p.m.
- RBI asks people not to invest in illegal finance companies - Aug 31, 2012
- Strike cripples banking operations in Karnataka - Aug 22, 2012
- ATM frauds on the rise in Chandigarh - Nov 24, 2010
- UID used to make rural employment payments in Jharkand - Feb 22, 2012
- India's banking operations hit by nationwide staff strike (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2011
- Bank strike hits customer services in Karnataka - Aug 23, 2012
- ATM with Rs.10 lakh gutted in Ghaziabad - May 17, 2012
- Server failure hits SBI services - Oct 01, 2011
- Postal department mulls opening bank - Dec 03, 2011
- Now, schools in Tripura to charge only exam fee - Oct 31, 2010
- IFC invests $2.7 million in ATM maker Vortex Engineering - Jun 25, 2012
- IOB mulls new core banking solution on Oracle platform - May 05, 2012
- Vijaya Bank opens 40 new branches, 80 ATMs - Oct 21, 2011
- Staff strike hits banks operations in Karnataka - Aug 05, 2011
- 12-hour strike cripples life in Tripura - Apr 27, 2010
Tags: agartala, atm automated teller machine, automated teller machine, banking services, customer services, educational institutions, election commission, franchise, general election, government offices, lok sabha election, nationalised banks, tripura government