Poll panel ushers new measures for booth-level monitoringApril 13th, 2009 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 13 (IANS) The Election Commission will introduce a three-tier communication system to monitor all the booths during the Lok Sabha polls, an official said here Monday.
“The Election Commission will introduce a three-level advanced monitoring system, Communication Plan for Election Tracking (comET), in the coming elections. The entire communication network will be operated through control rooms,” state Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Debashis Sen told reporters.
He said the password-controlled system would be divided into three different tiers - one from the national capital, second from the state capital and third at the district level.
“We are also trying to expand this network to further micro level. Through this comET system, all poll personnel can contact the commission and vice-versa directly in case they face any problem.
“We have already informed all our district level officers about this system through video conferencing. And we will open this control room in West Bengal April 27,” Sen said.
He said the election commission will provide all presiding officers with a special hotline.
“All presiding officers will be connected with the block-level office through a close user group (CUG) connection on their mobile telephones. So they would be able to contact the officials if they face any problem during the poll process,” Sen said.
For this, the election commission will provide special Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited SIM cards to all poll personnel in the state.
- Poll panel to monitor Bengal areas online - Apr 13, 2011
- Direct webcast of poll in Agra - Feb 19, 2012
- 35,000 poll security personnel deployed in Assam - Mar 31, 2011
- Omar aims at more power to panchayats - Feb 11, 2011
- WBHIDCO to e-auction Rajarhat plots - May 16, 2012
- Orbiting cosmonauts vote in Russian polls - Mar 05, 2012
- Bureaucrats running panchayats will weaken democracy: Pranab - Nov 20, 2011
- Poll panel to end voting two hours earlier in sixth phase - May 10, 2011
- Villagers welcome J-K Govt. decision to hold panchayat polls - Feb 15, 2011
- Voting on amid tight security in Andhra by-polls (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Bihar seeks security at all booths for panchayat polls - Dec 22, 2010
- Poll panel keeping tabs on Himachal government actions - Jul 12, 2012
- A Panchayati Kashmir: The importance of holding the Panchayat polls - Feb 10, 2011
- Polling begins for Tamil Nadu assembly by-poll - Mar 18, 2012
- EC appoints about 1000 observers for Assembly polls - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: bharat sanchar, booths, ceo, chief electoral officer, comet system, communication network, communication plan, communication system, controlled system, election commission, Lok Sabha, micro level, mobile telephones, monitoring system, sim cards, system communication, tiers, user group, video conferencing, west bengal