Poll panel transfers IG, two collectors in Madhya PradeshApril 15th, 2009 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 15 (IANS) An inspector general of police (IG) and two district collectors in Madhya Pradesh have been transferred on the directives of Election Commissioner Navin Chawla, official sources said Wednesday.
Chawla was here Tuesday to review poll preparations.
IG (Rewa range) A.K. Soni was removed because the Election Commission felt that he failed to inspire those working under him in matters of law and order maintenance, sources said.
The collectors of Hoshangabad and Anuppu, G.P. Tiwari and Subhash Jain, were transferred because they faltered on poll preparations, sources added.
Secretary of the General Administration Department (GAD) P. Dharmarao confirmed that the transfer orders of the three officials have been issued.
- Shifting of officials continues in UP - Mar 31, 2012
- Kerala opposition seeks removal of all officials in Kannur - Oct 20, 2009
- Karunanidhi attacks poll panel - Mar 26, 2011
- Poll panel orders transfer of Tamil Nadu officials - Mar 20, 2011
- Karunanidhi flays poll panel - Mar 22, 2011
- Agra rocked by spate of looting, shooting, killing - Feb 13, 2012
- Punjab transfers 30 senior police officers - Aug 05, 2012
- Poll panel removes Kannur official, CPI-M cries foul (Second Lead) - Oct 23, 2009
- Poll panel rejects Sangma's plea against Pranab (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Meeting on Tamil Nadu assembly elections Tuesday - Jul 03, 2010
- Jaiswal to head Congress's Uttar Pradesh poll panel - Oct 11, 2011
- Navin Chawla reviews poll preparation in Jharkhand - Nov 03, 2009
- Government employees in Madhya Pradesh asked to declare assets - Feb 17, 2010
- Missing Rajasthan official's wife hospitalised - Sep 03, 2011
- Lokayukta raids continue in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 19, 2012