Poll panel stops relief funds payment in PunjabDecember 29th, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh Dec 29 (IANS) The Election Commission (EC) Thursday deferred the disbursement of relief funds in Punjab till the election process is over in the state, a senior election officer said here.
The relief funds were mainly for flood relief in certain districts.
The poll panel also shifted 11 returning officers.
Punjab Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Kusumjit Sidhu said that after reports were received that ration cards and other cards under various schemes with the pictures of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal were being distributed in Bathinda district, this was also ordered to be stopped immediately.
She said that a few sewing machines, carrying the photos of the chief minister, were also taken into custody in Chamkaur Sahib where they were allegedly being distributed.
Sidhu said that returning officers of 11 places were being shifted “on personal as well as administrative grounds”.
- Poll panel stops, then allows Punjab relief payment (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Poll panel transfers 18 Punjab officials - Dec 27, 2011
- Record voting in Punjab, nearly 77 cast franchise (Intro Roundup) - Jan 31, 2012
- Over 77 percent voting in Punjab, one killed in violence (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2012
- Election Commission is winner in Punjab polls (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 04, 2012
- Day after win, Badals pray at Golden Temple - Mar 07, 2012
- 1.76 crore Punjab residents to vote Monday - Jan 29, 2012
- Punjab polls turnout 78.67 percent, re-poll in one booth - Jan 31, 2012
- 65 per cent voting in Punjab (Evening Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Poll panel watching! Punjab goes low on ladoos, posters (Punjab Newsletter) - Jan 21, 2012
- Badal vs Badal vs Badal in Punjab's Lambi seat - Jan 07, 2012
- Rs.5 crore cash seized in poll-bound Punjab - Dec 29, 2011
- Nearly 40 percent vote in Punjab polls (Afternoon Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.250 crore (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.200 crore - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: badal, ceo, chief electoral officer, chief minister, disbursement, ec, election commission, election officer, flood relief, photos, poll, punjab chandigarh, ration cards, returning officers, sahib, sewing machines, sidhu