Poll panel sends teams to Bihar to probe complaintsMay 8th, 2009 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) The Election Commission Friday deputed six teams of two officers each to look into the complaints received during the polling in various parliamentary constituencies in Bihar.
“In view of the persistent complaints regarding some polling stations in different constituencies, the commission has decided to send today (Friday) the teams to visit Aurangabad, Saran, Jamui, Maharajganj, Jehanabad, Munger and Gaya and submit the feedback,” the poll panel said in a statement here.
The poll panel has already announced re-polls/adjourned polls in 145 polling stations where voting was held in the first phase, 12 polling stations in the second phase and 28 polling stations in the third phase, the statement added.
Polling in Bihar ended Thursday with voting in three constituencies in the fourth phase of the general elections.
- Maoist fear: Bihar panchayat polls postponed in five districts - May 17, 2011
- Sporadic violence mars Bihar's panchayat polls (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Sporadic violence mars Bihar second phase polls (Second Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- BJP blames Congress Party for influencing EC over repolling in Bihar - May 09, 2009
- Notification issued for fifth phase of Bihar polls - Oct 15, 2010
- Tenth round of Bihar panchayat polls under way - May 18, 2011
- Campaigning for final phase of Bihar Assembly polls concludes - Nov 07, 2010
- 50 percent voting amid Maoists violence in Bihar (Third Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- Tenth round of Bihar panchayat polls concludes (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Over 30 percent voting in Bihar till afternoon as Maoists kill two (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- Maoists threaten to chop hands of voters in Bihar - Apr 08, 2009
- Maoist leader arrested in Bihar - Jun 07, 2010
- Final phase of Bihar assembly polls begins - Nov 20, 2010
- Bihar holds second phase of panchayat polls - Apr 24, 2011
- Poll panel warns against influencing vote counting in Bihar - May 21, 2011