Poll panel seeks explanation from pension fund authorityMay 2nd, 2009 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) The Election Commission Saturday asked the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) to explain why its advertisement of the New Pension Scheme” had been different from the version for which the poll panel had given permission.
The poll panel asked the pension authority to explain the deviation and non-compliance with the panel’s order for the advertisement which appeared in the Hindu newspaper. The PFRDA has been asked to submit its reply by 5 p.m. on May 5.
The PFRDA had sought permission for the issue of an advertisement regarding the pension scheme, which the poll panel had granted on the condition that the “clock” proposed to be included in the advertisement should be removed as it is the symbol of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
However, the poll panel found that the advertisement published in the paper varied from the one it had cleared.
- Norms for registering pension fund managers revised - Jul 12, 2012
- Insurance, pension amendment bills to be introduced - Mar 16, 2012
- Apex finance panel agrees with RBI rate hike - Jul 27, 2011
- Cabinet clears Direct Tax Code Bill - Aug 26, 2010
- Poll panel conveys 'displeasure' over release of pension ad - May 06, 2009
- Nothing new for insurance sector: Experts - Feb 28, 2011
- Haven't got a paisa, say 'pensioners' in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 17, 2011
- FDI limit in insurance sector to be raised - Feb 28, 2011
- Legal opinion sought on cancelling 83 new telecom licences - Aug 14, 2011
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
- Government has not 'shelved' FDI in retail: Pranab - Dec 23, 2011
- Barred from Shivaji Park, MNS threatens street rally - Feb 03, 2012
- Key bills expected in parliament's winter session (To go with parliament Curtain Raiser) - Nov 20, 2011
- HDFC Standard Life Insurance fined Rs.1.47 crore - Jun 28, 2012
- Old age security scheme for informal sector workers - Aug 09, 2010