Poll panel notifies second polling phase in KarnatakaApril 2nd, 2009 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 2 (IANS) The Election Commission Thursday notified the second phase of polling in Karnataka for the remaining 11 of the 28 parliamentary constituencies that will witness voting April 30, a state poll panel official said.
“We have received the gazette notification from our New Delhi office on the second phase of Lok Sabha elections in the state April 30. With this, the process of filing nomination papers in 11 constituencies begins,” an official told IANS.
In the first phase, polling in 17 constituencies will take place April 23.
“In the second phase, last date for filing nominations is April 9, scrutiny April 11 and last date for withdrawal April 13,” the official added.
About 10.5 million voters are eligible to exercise franchise in the second phase from the following constituencies: Bagalkot, Haveri, Dharwad, Davanagere, Shimoga, Udupi-Chikmagalur, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Mandya, Mysore and Chamarajanagar (SC).
The delimitation exercise has led to the formation of Haveri in place of Dharward (South) and clubbing Chikmagalur with Udupi.
Counting is slated for May 16.
- High stakes for BJP in Karnataka's final phase (Poll Curtainraiser - Karnataka) - Apr 29, 2009
- Campaign ends in Karnataka for last phase polling - Apr 28, 2009
- Polling begins in Karnataka - Apr 30, 2009
- Voting underway for Karnataka's general poll final phase (Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- Around 20 percent voting in first four hours in Karnataka (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- About 45 percentn voting till 3 p.m. in Karnataka (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- Aound 60 percent polling in Karnataka district polls (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- 60 percent polling in Karnataka final phase (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- 156 in fray for 11 Karnataka seats in April 30 polls - Apr 13, 2009
- 65 percent polling in Karnataka final phase - May 01, 2009
- Around 30 percent votes cast in Karnataka district polls - Dec 31, 2010
- 17 Karnataka districts vote Friday in panchayat polls - Dec 30, 2010
- No vote cast in five polling stations in Karnataka - Apr 30, 2009
- BJP ahead in 12 constituencies in Karnataka - May 16, 2009
- Former PM, ageing star among Karnataka candidates - Apr 29, 2009
Tags: 5 million, bangalore, dakshina kannada, dharwad, election commission, franchise, gazette notification, hassan, karnataka, last date, lok sabha elections, mandya, mysore, new delhi office, nomination papers, parliamentary constituencies, scrutiny, second phase, state poll, udupi