Poll panel notice to Lalu, RabriApril 9th, 2009 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) The Election Commission Thursday issued notices to Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad and his wife and former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi for violating the model code of conduct.
Deputy Election Commissioner J.P. Prakash told reporters here that the two had until April 11 to respond.
On April 6, Lalu Prasad told an election rally in Kishanganj that had he been the home minister, he would have run a roller over Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Varun Gandhi for his hate speeches against Muslims.
Lalu Prasad’s remarks created a furore and the Bihar Police Tuesday issued an arrest order against him. Gandhi is in jail in Uttar Pradesh for his reported inflammatory speeches.
Rabri Devi was served a notice for her alleged derogatory remarks against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and state Janata Dal-United (JD-U) chief Rajiv Ranjan alias Lalan Singh at Saran.
- Lalu Yadav booked for remarks against Varun Gandhi - Apr 07, 2009
- Poll panel finds Lalu, Rabri, Uddhav replies 'not satisfactory' - Apr 13, 2009
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- Now Bihar's deputy chief minister in trouble for anti-women remarks - Apr 07, 2009
- Rabri Devi booked on charge of abusing Nitish Kumar - Apr 06, 2009
- JD-U files defamation case against Rabri Devi - Apr 13, 2009
- Rabri Devi gets bail for abusive remarks - May 18, 2010
- Rabri Devi faces criminal contempt petition - Apr 06, 2009
- Contempt of court proceedings sought against Rabri Devi - Apr 06, 2009
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Police complaint against Lalu for Varun Gandhi remarks - Apr 07, 2009
- Arrest order issued for Lalu Prasad for Varun remarks (Lead) - Apr 07, 2009
- EC expresses 'strong displeasure' at replies of Lalu, others (Lead) - Apr 13, 2009
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar's Raghopur seat - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: alias, bihar police, chief minister, derogatory remarks, election commission, election commissioner, election rally, furore, gandhi, home minister, janata party, jd, lalan, lalu prasad, model code, New Delhi, prakash, rajiv, ranjan, saran