Poll panel notice to Khurshid over Muslim quotaJanuary 11th, 2012 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) The Election Commission Tuesday issued notice to union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on a complaint by Bharatiya Janata Party that he violated the model code of conduct by announcing 9 percent sub quota for Muslims if the party was voted to power in Uttar Pradesh.
The EC has asked Khurshid to reply in writing by 5 p.m. Thursday.
The BJP complained to the EC that Khurshid had made the announcement at an election rally at Farrukhabad this week and termed the move as unconstitutional.
- Have not violated poll code, says Khurshid - Jan 11, 2012
- Quota remarks: Poll panel notice to Verma, minister unfazed (Second Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Poll panel asks Verma to explain 'wilfull' sub-quota remark (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Quota row: Poll panel notice to Khurshid on BJP's complaint (Night Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Take action against Khurshid, BJP tells poll panel - Jan 10, 2012
- BJP moves EC over Khurshid's remarks on Muslim quota (Evening Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Will get backwards their dues even if poll panel hangs me: Khurshid - Feb 11, 2012
- Congress in quota controversy again (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Congress leader re-ignites quota controversy, opposition furious (Roundup) - Feb 16, 2012
- After Khurshid, another minister promises quotas in UP - Feb 16, 2012
- Khurshid defends announcement of quota for Muslims - Jan 10, 2012
- BJP complains to poll panel against Verma's quota remarks (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Congress distances itself from Khurshid's quota promise - Jan 13, 2012
- PM may intervene in Khurshid-Election Commission row - Feb 13, 2012
- Khurshid did not violate model code: Congress tells poll panel - Jan 20, 2012