Poll panel conveys ‘displeasure’ over release of pension adMay 6th, 2009 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) The Election Commission Wednesday conveyed its “displeasure” to the government-run Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) for releasing an advertisement in newspapers.
The advertisement appeared in newspapers May 1, announcing a new pension system for all eligible citizens in the age group of 18-55.
“The Election Commission has conveyed its displeasure to the PFRDA,” said Deputy Election Commissioner R. Balakrishnan.
He also said the commission has asked the PFRDA not to release advertisements till the date the model code of conduct is in effect.
Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) politburo member Brinda Karat had sent a letter to Chief Election Commissioner Naveen Chawla seeking his intervention as the advertisement was a “clear violation of the model code of conduct.”
- CPI-M sees poll code violation in pension fund ad - May 01, 2009
- Norms for registering pension fund managers revised - Jul 12, 2012
- Poll panel seeks explanation from pension fund authority - May 02, 2009
- CPI-M meet from Friday to discuss assembly polls - Mar 03, 2011
- Achuthanandan upset as subsidised rice scheme stopped - Mar 09, 2011
- Poll panel lets off officers who released Commonwealth Games ad - May 04, 2009
- Poll panel accepts Khurshid's apology - Feb 15, 2012
- Poll panel accepts Khurshid's apology (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- World should not worry about India's banking sector: Pranab - Nov 13, 2011
- Khurshid's remarks: Poll panel seeks president's intervention - Feb 11, 2012
- Ajit Pawar, Pune mayor get notices for violating poll code - Jan 06, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- Will push for electoral reforms, says Sampath - Jun 11, 2012
- Government denies plans to curb poll panel (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Kerala opposition seeks removal of all officials in Kannur - Oct 20, 2009
Tags: advertisement, advertisements, age group, brinda karat, chief election commissioner, code of conduct, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, displeasure, election commission, eligible citizens, may 1, model code, naveen, New Delhi, pension fund, pension system, pfrda, politburo member