Poll nomination process to begin in Delhi SaturdayApril 10th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) The Delhi State Election Commission Friday announced that the nomination process for candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections will begin Saturday.
Details of the nomination process, which will culminate April 18, will be available in the commission’s website, Delhi’s chief electoral officer Satbir Silas Bedi said.
“The notification for the general election to the seven Lok Sabha seats and by-election to one Assembly seat in Delhi will be issued Saturday and the nomination process will start simultaneously,” Bedi said.
“All the details of the process, names of the returning officers to who the nomination papers may be submitted and addresses will be up on our website,” she added.
With the exception of Sunday and April 14 which is a public holiday, one can submit his or her nomination paper on any day.
The last day for withdrawal of candidature is April 22.
Voting will take place in Delhi May 7.
- Maharashtra legislative council bye-election on May 5 - Apr 14, 2011
- Hisar Lok Sabha, five assembly by-polls Oct 13 - Sep 07, 2011
- Bypolls for two Haryana assembly seats Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- Give details to Sangma, says poll panel on Pranab order (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Vice presidential election Aug 7: Poll panel (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Give details to Sangma, says poll panel on Pranab order - Jul 05, 2012
- Bypolls for two Himachal constituencies Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- Process for Bengal's second phase poll begins Wednesday - Mar 29, 2011
- Jaganmohan files nomination for Kadapa Lok Sabha bypoll - Apr 15, 2011
- Srinagar by-poll on May 30 - Apr 30, 2009
- Polls in Singur, Nandigram cometh, notification Thursday - Apr 06, 2011
- 801 nominations for Punjab polls rejected - Jan 14, 2012
- Delhi to go to polls May 7 - Mar 02, 2009
- Mamata to fight Bhowanipore assembly seat Sep 25 (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Presidential poll on July 19, result on July 22 (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: april 14, assembly seat, candidature, chief electoral officer, delhi state election commission, general election, lok sabha elections, lok sabha seats, New Delhi, nomination paper, nomination papers, nomination process, poll, public holiday, returning officers, silas, state election commission