Politics is Rahul’s family business: BJPJuly 19th, 2012 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) Soon after Rahul Gandhi said he was looking for a more “proactive role” in politics, the BJP said it was his “family business”, and alleged that the Congress general secretary was already “calling the shots” without any responsibilities.
“It is a family business. He already is active, all what may happen is his nomenclature may change from general secretary to something else,” Bharatiya Janata Party leader Balbir Punj said.
Talking to reporters, Punj said Rahul was already active and “calling the shots” without any responsibilities.
“He is calling the shots without having any responsibility. If he takes a formal position, maybe he will be responsible,” Punj said.
Party leader Nirmala Sitharaman said it mattered little who would be where as there was no democracy within the Congress.
“It matters little who is going to be where. All we can say is it is their business. There is no inner party democracy in Congress,” she said.
- Rahul ready for 'pro-active' role, to be No 2 in party (Evening Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- BJP meets president, demands Gujarat governor's removal - May 30, 2012
- Action against whistleblowers, not beneficiaries: BJP - Sep 27, 2011
- Rahul will play more pro-active role in Congress: Digvijay - Jul 15, 2012
- Rahul could play a role both in party and government, says Congress - Jul 21, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- BJP makes veiled attack on Rahul over Ramdev crackdown - Jun 09, 2011
- Party or government for Rahul? Both, say Congress members - Aug 03, 2012
- BJP demands Chidambaram's immediate resignation (Second Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Congress trying to use CBI to harass us, claims BJP - Jul 28, 2011
- Fuming opposition set to derail parliament over phone taps (Lead) - Apr 24, 2010
- Sort out trust deficit with army, BJP tells government (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Will play more proactive role in party, government: Rahul - Jul 19, 2012
- BJP hits out at PM's 'deafening silence' - Feb 16, 2012
- BJP distances from Reddy brothers (Lead) - Sep 05, 2011