Politicians, journalists are like fish and water: PranabJuly 9th, 2012 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 9 (IANS) Journalists and politicians are like fish and water, one cannot do without the other, UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said Monday, describing the close relations between the professions.
“The relation between politicians and journalists is like that between fish and water. Just as fish can’t live without water, our professional careers are also intrinsically linked,” Muherjee told mediapersons here.
Known all these years for losing his cool often at probing queries from the media, the veteran politician thanked the media for the support and cooperation he received from them all these years.
Referring to his equations with reporters from West Bengal, from where his political journey began, Mukherjee said: “I have had relations with you, or your predecessors, for nearly 50 years. One chapter of that relation is over today.”
“During this long time, I have made lots of mistakes. I have scolded you, I have not answered your questions. I know you must have felt bad. I am sorry for all that,” the United Progressive Alliance’s presidential candidate said.
“But let me tell you, the information and the data that I have got from you has helped me in my party and government work,” he said.
- Trinamool MLA speaks out against factionalism, sycophancy - Jul 01, 2012
- Pranab's village in Bengal celebrates his candidature - Jun 15, 2012
- Kalam out of presidential fight, BJP, Mamata red-faced (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Sangma plays tribal card to garner support from northeast - Jun 30, 2012
- No comment on Guru clemency: President-elect Pranab (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Kalam out of presidential fight, BJP, Mamata red-faced (Intro Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- President's office should not be sought after: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Congress, BJP mum on presidential race - May 07, 2012
- Pranab tries to woo Trinamool, to resign June 26 (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Kalam's candidature a closed chapter: Mulayam - Jun 18, 2012
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Pranab gets nostalgic - Jul 09, 2012
- Will I forge my own signature, asks Pranab - Jul 05, 2012
- Colour and ceremony as President Pranab takes office (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: close relations, cooperation, fish, government work, journalists, kolkata, long time, political journey, politicians, pranab mukherjee, predecessors, presidential candidate, professional careers, professions, progressive alliance, queries, veteran politician, west bengal