Police question journalists over NSUI documentsJanuary 25th, 2009 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 25 (IANS) The Delhi Police has questioned three television journalists on suspicion that they may have taken some “important documents” from a meeting of the National Students Union of India (NSUI).The meeting was held Jan 22 at the Constitution Club here, also attended by Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Police officers at the Parliament House police station said they spoke to the three television journalists.
NSUI president Hibi Eden said: “Some important documents went missing after the television journalists entered the hall when everybody was out for lunch. When we returned, many documents and a research paper were missing.”
The NSUI maintains that the missing documents were of secret nature.
- NSUI denies reports of Rahul Gandhi's notes being stolen - Jan 23, 2009
- Clerk arrested for stealing documents from Congress office - Jan 24, 2009
- Congress counts on Rahul Gandhi in state poll campaign - Apr 03, 2011
- 50 percent newcomers, women, youth likely in Congress' Kerala list - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Fast-track cases of Muslim youth in jail' - Jul 09, 2012
- Chennithala, Muraleedharan likely to contest - Mar 09, 2011
- High-tech mobiles used in AIIMS paper leak - Jan 09, 2012
- Rahul to tour Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- Youths protest at Team Anna fast, claim to be from NSUI (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Nairs eye Tharoor's empty cabinet perch (Capital Buzz) - Jul 18, 2010
- Women representation low at AICC meet (Sidelights) - Nov 02, 2010
- Give copies of remand application to Kazmi: Court - May 25, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: 'Missing' documents traced - May 24, 2012
- Manmohan, Zardari to discuss 'important' issues - Apr 07, 2012
- Highlights of judgment on Shivani Bhatnagar murder - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: constitution, delhi police, eden, general secretary, lunch, national students, New Delhi, nsui, parliament, parliament house, police officers, police question, police station, question journalists, rahul gandhi, research paper, secret nature, students union, suspicion, television journalists