Police probing BJP legislator’s death await autopsy reportNovember 17th, 2008 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) The probe into the mysterious death of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Puran Chand Yogi remained stuck Monday as Delhi Police were awaiting the post-mortem examination report on him.“We cannot say anything as the post-mortem (examination) report is still awaited,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Southwest) Shalini Singh said.
Yogi, who was seeking re-election from his Rajinder Nagar constituency in the Nov 29 Delhi assembly polls, was found dead from his home in Inderpuri in West Delhi Sunday morning.
His wife Asha found him hanging from the ceiling fan in his house in west Delhi, a police official said.
- Delhi BJP MLA commits suicide (Lead) - Nov 16, 2008
- Polling begins for Rajender Nagar Assembly constituency - Dec 13, 2008
- Moderate polling in Rajender Nagar Assembly constituency - Dec 13, 2008
- Counting of votes for Rajendra Nagar Assembly begins - Dec 15, 2008
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Man hangs himself to death in Gurgaon - Jun 16, 2012
- Couple found dead at home - Jan 27, 2012
- Rajinder Nagar poll deferred after MLA's suicide (Lead) - Nov 16, 2008
- Congress leader dies in mysterious circumstances - Aug 10, 2012
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Delhi Police constable shot dead - Apr 21, 2012
- Businessman found strangled in Delhi - Aug 29, 2011
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- Policeman's body found in Delhi canal - Jul 27, 2012
- Rajinder Nagar poll may be deferred after MLA's death: official - Nov 16, 2008