Police complaint against Jharkhand BJP presidentJuly 2nd, 2011 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, July 2 (IANS) A police complaint has been lodged against Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Jharkhand unit president Dineshanand Goswami who contested the Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat by-poll, police said Saturday.
The complaint was lodged late Friday by Ajay Kumar, the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P) nominee for the by-election.
The complaint was lodged in light of an audio CD released by the BJP when the polling in the by-election was underway Friday.
While releasing the CD, BJP leader Saryu Rai had said: The CD carries voice of JVM-P candidate Ajay Kumar. Kumar is seeking help of Maoist leader Samarjee to win the by-poll… The election commission should take a note of the CD and take suitable action.”
The complaint says that the Indian Telegraph Act has been violated by recording the conversation between two people without permission.
The Jharkhand BJP president also lodged an FIR against Kumar, saying that Kumar has links with Maoists.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has said the election commission should look into the issue.
“This is very bad for democracy that candidates are seeking help from Maoists to win the election. It is the duty of the Election Commission to conduct free and fair polls and it should look into the issue,” he said.
Refuting the allegations, JVM-P president Babulal Marandi has demanded a judicial enquiry into the incident. “The state government is trying to influence the polling by issuing a fabricated CD.”
- 42 percent polling in Jharkhand by-poll (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- AJSU wins Jharkhand by-poll (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Jharkhand by-poll: AJSU leads; BJP, Congress trail - Jun 15, 2012
- Over 60 percent polling in Mandu bypoll - Nov 30, 2011
- Jharkhand by-poll Tuesday amid tight security - Jun 11, 2012
- Marandi seeking Maoist help to win Jamshedpur by-poll: Munda - Jun 30, 2011
- Munda cuts short US visit for Jamshedpur bypoll - Jun 09, 2011
- Jharkhand ruling alliance bickers over by-poll - Jun 04, 2011
- Whom to support for Hatia by-poll? JMM to decide May 28 - May 26, 2012
- BJP to back JMM candidates if it joins NDA - Apr 16, 2012
- BJP refutes JMM's power rotation claim - Jul 09, 2011
- Opposition to field common candidate against Munda in by-poll - Jan 21, 2011
- 70 percent turnout in by-poll to decide Munda's fate (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Jharkhand's ruling alliance to face each other in Hatia by-poll - May 23, 2012
- Voting under way in Hatia bypoll in Jharkhand - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,