Police ask two Raj Thackeray aides to leave MumbaiSeptember 21st, 2008 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 21 (IANS) In a surprise move, the Mumbai police Sunday asked two senior aides of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray to leave the city for one year, a party leader said Sunday.Dadar unit chief Girish Dhanorkar and MNS Cine Workers’ Union president Ameya Khopkar have been externed for one year from Mumbai, Thane and Raigad, said the party’s state co-ordinator Sanjay Ghadi.
An official at the Dadar police station, confirming the developments, said the duo has been ordered to leave the city Monday and stay away for a year.
Ghadi told IANS that the party would challenge the Mumbai police move in court Monday.
Among other charges, the duo is accused of indulging in violent activities against north Indians living and working in Mumbai.
Last February, when the MNS versus north Indians agitation was first launched, the Mumbai police had slapped externment orders on several MNS activists, including some women party members, but the courts cancelled all of them, Ghadi said.
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Shiv Sena, MNS shutdowns in Raigad, Thane - Mar 29, 2012
- MNS threatens to disrupt shooting of 'Sur-Kshetra' (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- MNS names candidates - with marks! - Jan 29, 2012
- Raj Thackeray again attacks north Indian migrants - Jul 18, 2011
- Raj Thackeray drops protest against Bihar Day event - Apr 13, 2012
- Enforce noise laws during polls, Prithviraj Chavan urged - Feb 04, 2012
- MNS threatens TV channels featuring Pakistanis - Aug 30, 2012
- Samajwadi Party files complaint against Raj Thackeray - Aug 22, 2012
- MNS activists attack toll posts across Maharashtra - Jun 13, 2012
- Police allow Raj Thackeray to hold rally (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- MNS exam plan makes civic candidates jittery - Nov 29, 2011
- Actor A.K Hangal: Given Help By MNS Cine Workers Association Chief - Jan 20, 2011
- MNS attacks snack vendors after one caught peeing in vessel - Apr 14, 2011