PM’s wife attends Tharoor’s wedding receptionSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 11:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh could not make it but his wife Gursharan Kaur was among those who attended Shashi Tharoor and his wife Sunanda Pushkar’s reception here Friday evening after their marriage last month and wished the couple all the best.
All roads seemed to lead to the India Habitat Centre where Tharoor hosted a reception which was attended by the Who’s Who of the capital. Tharoor married Dubai-based Pushkar in his ancestral home in Kerala Aug 22. It is the third marriage for both of them.
An eclectic mix of diplomats, socialites, writers and journalists were present at the occasion to felicitate Tharoor and his wife.
Politicians cutting across party lines including several ministers such as Home Minister P.Chidambaram, Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah and Bharatiya Janata Party’s L.K.Advani and Arun Jaitley were among those who attended.
A large contingent of Indian Foreign Service officers was also present on the occasion.
- PM skips Tharoor's reception, Gursharan blesses the couple (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Tharoor, Pushkar to tie the knot at ancestral home in Kerala - Aug 21, 2010
- Tharoor-Pushkar finally get married in Kerala (Lead) - Aug 22, 2010
- Anupam Kher to attend Tharoor's wedding reception - Aug 29, 2010
- Tharoor-Pushkar to wed before grandmother, visit Dubai, Spain - Aug 21, 2010
- Gala reception of newly wed Tharoor- Sunanda - Aug 23, 2010
- Technical snag delays Tharoor, Sunanda's honeymoon trip to Dubai, Spain - Aug 24, 2010
- Shashi Tharoor arrives in Lahore - Jan 03, 2012
- Tharoor's honeymoon trip starts with technical snag - Aug 24, 2010
- Tharoor, Pushkar are man and wife (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2010
- Tharoor-Pushkar tie knot in Kerala - Aug 22, 2010
- It's official - Tharoor a divorcee - Aug 01, 2010
- Quiet wedding at crumbling house for Tharoor - Aug 13, 2010
- Shashi Tharoor Ties The Knot With Sunanda Pushkar In Traditional Ceremony - Aug 22, 2010
- Sunanda watches Tharoor speaking in parliament - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: ancestral home, arun jaitley, bharatiya janata party, eclectic mix, energy minister, family welfare, farooq abdullah, foreign service officers, ghulam nabi azad, home minister, india habitat centre, indian foreign service, l k advani, manmohan, manmohan singh, p chidambaram, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, tharoor, wife sunanda