PMO dismisses report about Gen Bikram Singh links to PMMay 5th, 2012 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) The Prime Minister’s Office Friday dismissed as “scurrilous, irresponsible and mischievous”, a media report about Army Chief-designate Lt Gen Bikram Singh or his wife being related to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh or his family.
In a statement, the PMO said its attention has been drawn to a news story published in Chauthi Duniya.
“The allegation that General Bikram Singh or his wife is related to the Prime Minister or any member of his family is completely untrue. This is a scurrilous, irresponsible and mischievous statement,” it said.
The statement said “other newspapers or media outlets should not reproduce or repeat the baseless story.”
- No vindictiveness in show cause notice: Army chief (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- No vindictiveness in show cause notice: Army chief - May 25, 2012
- India's first field marshal Sam Manekshaw remembered - Apr 03, 2012
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Gen Bikram Singh assumes command of Indian Army (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- 'Withdraw public suit on appointment of next army chief' - Apr 11, 2012
- All is not well at South Block, still - Apr 03, 2012
- Countdown to army chief's retirement begins - May 05, 2012
- Army chief slaps show cause notice on Lt. Gen. - May 24, 2012
- Tejinder Singh files defamation case against army chief (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Bikram Singh will be next Indian Army chief (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Silence is golden: PM on army chief's rows - May 30, 2012
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Minefield of controversies lie in next army chief's way (Comment) - Apr 15, 2012
- PM meets Ansari on Eid - Aug 20, 2012