PM will fully recover in three months: doctorMarch 28th, 2009 - 6:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who underwent a coronary bypass surgery late January and has been making public appearances since early this month, will be ready for “all kinds of physical strain” in another 12 weeks, his personal physician said Saturday.
“The prime minister is doing very well and has been making public appearances. But it will take another 12 weeks for him to be ready for all kinds of physical exertion and complete recovery,” K.S. Reddy, the prime minister’s personal physician, told IANS here at a conference on public health.
Manmohan Singh, 76, underwent a coronary bypass surgery Jan 24 to remove five arterial blockages. He was operated upon by an 11-member panel of doctors led by Ramakant Panda at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He was discharged from hospital Feb 1.
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- PM undergoes check-up, is hale and hearty - Sep 20, 2009
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- Panda justifies conducting bypass surgery on PM - May 28, 2009
- Mumbai heart hospital ranked safest in world - Jun 08, 2012
- Tell how private doc was brought for PM's surgery, CIC to AIIMS - May 26, 2009
- PM doing well, put on a regular diet - Jan 27, 2009
- PM working more than what we recommend, says his personal physician - Feb 06, 2009
- PM's heart surgeon Ramakant Panda gets Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2010
- Manmohan Singh 'fine and fit', declares AIIMS (Lead) - Mar 01, 2009
- PM visits AIIMS for routine check up - Mar 01, 2009
- After marathon heart surgery 'PM stable and conscious': head of surgery team - Jan 25, 2009
- PM has breakfast with family at AIIMS (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- Doctors to remove Prime Minister''s stitches today - Feb 08, 2009
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, arterial blockages, complete recovery, coronary bypass surgery, india institute, jan 24, manmohan, manmohan singh, member panel, New Delhi, panda, personal physician, physical exertion, physical strain, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, public appearances, public health, ramakant, three months