PM walks around, to be discharged ‘within a few days’ (Lead)January 29th, 2009 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been “maintaining steady progress” after Saturday’s heart surgery and has increased his “physical activity” with doctors Thursday saying he is “likely to return home within a few days”.“The prime minister is maintaining steady progress in his post-operative recovery. He has increased levels of physical activity with several rounds of walking during the day,” Deepak Sandhu, the prime minister’s media adviser, told IANS.
Manmohan Singh, 76, Saturday underwent the multiple bypass surgery at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to remove five arterial blockages.
“Aided by physiotherapists and doctors, his fitness levels are rapidly improving. Doctors attending on him say that he is likely to return home within a few days,” added Sandhu.
She said the prime minister was “doing very well” and is steadily recuperating.
“The prime minister is eating proper and regular home-made meals. Doctors are cautious and not allowing any visitors,” Sandhu added.
On Wednesday, the panel of doctors headed by Ramakant Panda, vice-president of the Mumbai-based Asian Heart Institute, decided to remove all monitoring devices. Following this, the prime minister moved freely in his room, specially designed for him as it has been fitted with an ICU too, doctors said.
- PM continuing to recuperate steadily - Jan 29, 2009
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- Vijay Amritraj inspires brave-hearts of Mumbai Marathon - Jan 14, 2012
- PM's heart surgeon Panda escapes unhurt in accident (Second Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- PM stable and recovering: doctors - Jan 25, 2009
- Gogoi to be fit to travel in two weeks - Sep 18, 2010
- PM shifted out of ICU, talks to aides (Second Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- PM's heart surgeon Panda injured in car accident (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Gogoi to undergo two heart surgeries Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai - Jul 30, 2010
- PM makes steady progress, had breakfast with family (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- Complicated heart surgeries performed successfully on Gogoi (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- PM moving about freely, talks to aides (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, arterial blockages, bypass surgery, deepak, fitness levels, heart institute, heart surgery, india institute, jan 29, manmohan, manmohan singh, media adviser, New Delhi, physical activity, physiotherapists, post operative recovery, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, s media, steady progress