PM to head all-party meet on job promotion quotaAugust 21st, 2012 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has called an all-party meeting Tuesday to discuss the issue of giving reservation in job promotions to Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).
“The prime minister has called an all-party meeting,” Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office V. Narayanasamy told IANS.
In April, the Supreme Court had dealt a blow to the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government headed by Mayawati when it overruled the Uttar Pradesh government’s decision to provide such reservations.
To deal with the issue, BSP later demanded a constitutional amendment in the Rajya Sabha’s budget session.
Government sources said the option of bringing a Constitution Amendment Bill for reservation in job promotion for SCs and STs could be discussed during the all-party meeting.
- Both Congress and BJP against quota in promotions bill: Mayawati - Sep 05, 2012
- 'Quashing reservation in promotions goes against SCs, STs' - May 03, 2012
- Cabinet nod for job promotion quotas; BJP, SP, BSP spar (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- All-party meeting on job promotion quota Aug 21 (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- All-party meeting on promotion quota Aug 21 - Aug 09, 2012
- Amend statute for job promotions to SCs, STs: Mayawati - Apr 30, 2012
- Rajya Sabha adjourned over quotas in promotions - Aug 09, 2012
- Promotion quota bill in Rajya Sabha, SP, BSP lock horns (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Cabinet approves bill for reservation in job promotions - Sep 04, 2012
- Mayawati demands constitution amendment for SC/ST quota (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- BJP to meet on reservation in promotions - Sep 04, 2012
- PM's all-party meet on promotions quota put off - May 22, 2012
- BJP to continue protest, unlikely to oblige on promotion quota bill - Sep 04, 2012
- BSP welcomes cabinet nod for reservation in job promotion - Sep 04, 2012
- PM calls all-party meet May 23 over job quota - May 18, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,