PM stresses fiscal responsibilityMay 23rd, 2012 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 22 (IANS) Cautioning the government in the wake of global financial crisis, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday said both the central and state government have to be fiscally responsible.
“Difficult decisions have to be taken on both spending and revenue mobilisation,” said Manmohan Singh while releasing the report to the people on the third anniversary of the United Progressive Alliance government.
“We need to improve coordination between the centre and states on important issues that face our country,” he said.
The prime minister said the government needs to remove implementation bottlenecks that are preventing large projects from getting off the ground.
“We have to quicken the pace of implementation of our policies of inclusive growth, particularly in the areas of health and education,” said the prime minister.
- Net deterioration in security environment: PM (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Bring GST, manage resources better in 12th plan: Ahluwalia to states - Oct 22, 2011
- PM mulls Rs.1,000 crore corpus for housing poor - Dec 13, 2011
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
- India is not tilting to US, says PM - Oct 27, 2010
- 'More financial sops being considered for northeast' - Nov 16, 2011
- Maoism continues to be major problem: PM - May 22, 2012
- India's growth disappointing, but recovering: Mukherjee (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Half of infrastructure projects delayed, states told - Apr 17, 2011
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.7, opposition and allies fret (Intro Roundup) - May 23, 2012
- PM forms expert group on jobs in Kashmir - Aug 10, 2010
- Good showing gets Rajasthan 22 percent hike in plan outlay - Mar 21, 2012
- Sonia defends PM, stresses Congress unity (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Manmohan seeks states support on GST implementation - Jul 24, 2010
- Prime Minister pushes for infrastructure-led growth - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: alliance government, anniversary, bottlenecks, coordination, difficult decisions, education, fiscal responsibility, global financial crisis, Health Science, implementation, manmohan, manmohan singh, mobilisation, New Delhi, pace, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, state government