PM speaks to Karnataka CMAugust 16th, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has told Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to ensure the safety of people from the northeast in the state.
“The prime minister spoke to the chief minister last night. He also spoke to Shinde,” an official in the Prime Minister’s Office told IANS.
A large number of northeastern students fled Bangalore by special trains late Wednesday and early Thursday following rumours they would be attacked to avenge the ethnic violence in Assam.
- Government says northeast people safe in Karnataka (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- PM asks states to maintain peace (Third Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Congress MPs from northeast meet Sonia - Aug 16, 2012
- Panic subsides in Karnataka, people flee Maharashtra (Roundup) - Aug 16, 2012
- Northeast people safe in Karnataka: Government (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- NE states ask governments to ensure safety of their people - Aug 18, 2012
- Bangalore cops scotch rumours as northeast students flee - Aug 16, 2012
- Panic subsides in Karnataka, people flee Maharashtra (Intro-Roundup) - Aug 17, 2012
- Karnataka CM assures protection to northeast students (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- India raises social media misuse with Pakistan, situation normal in south (Roundup) - Aug 19, 2012
- People from northeast safe in Karnataka: Shinde - Aug 16, 2012
- As exodus continues, bulk SMSes banned; parliament unites in support (Roundup) - Aug 17, 2012
- Five held in Karnataka for spreading rumours: Shettar (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Exodus of people from northeast continues from Bangalore (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Northeast exodus unites parties, PM assures safety (Third Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,