PM, Sonia must apologise for cash-for-votes scam: GadkariNovember 20th, 2011 - 4:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 20 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Sunday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi should apologise to the country for putting “innocent” party members in jail in the 2008 cash-for-votes scam.
“Our MPs were innocent whistleblowers but the corrupt Congress government put them in jail. Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi should apologise to the nation for this,” Gadkari said while addressing a rally at Ramlila Maidan to mark the conclusion of party veteran L.K. Advani’s Jan Chetna Yatra.
“I pity the PM. No one listens to him,” Gadkari added.
- PM, Sonia must apologise for cash-for-votes scam: Gadkari (Lead) - Nov 20, 2011
- His 'yatra' over, Advani calls for UPA's ouster (Roundup) - Nov 20, 2011
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
- UPA government most corrupt: Advani (Lead) - Oct 23, 2011
- Ahmed Patel was mastermind behind cash-for-vote scam: Gadkari - Nov 18, 2011
- Advani's 40-day yatra reaches Delhi - Nov 20, 2011
- Advani keeps PM candidature option open (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Modi's absence, talk of PM candidate, cloud BJP meet (Roundup) - Sep 30, 2011
- Advani's yatra: Crusade or pilgrimage? - Oct 30, 2011
- Advani's Jan Chetna yatra concludes Sunday at Ramlila Maidan - Nov 19, 2011
- Modi absent as BJP national executive attacks government - Sep 30, 2011
- Sushma blames wrong UPA policies for price rise - Nov 20, 2011
- Cash-for-vote 'heroes' should have been given Padma awards: Venkaiah - Oct 21, 2011
- People brave rain to hear Advani blast UPA's corruption - Oct 30, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP feliciates Kulkarni, other accused - Nov 19, 2011
Tags: chetna, conclusion, congress government, congress president sonia gandhi, innocent party, l k advani, maidan, manmohan, manmohan singh, mps, New Delhi, nitin, party members, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rally, veteran, whistleblowers