PM should answer on CAG report: JMMMarch 23rd, 2012 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 22 (IANS) The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) Thursday said said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should answer to the nation on charges in a leaked CAG report that the coal ministry caused the exchequer a loss to the tune of Rs 10.67 lakh crore between 2004-09.
As JMM supremo Shibu Soren was coal minister twice for some time in this period, the party sees the leaked report as an attempt to pressurise the party chief to get support in the Rajya Sabha polls.
“Guruji (Soren) was coal minister for very short period between 2004 and 2009. When Guruji quit the coal ministry in 2004, PM had taken charge of the coal ministry. PM should answer over the audit report,” senior JMM leader said Vinod Pandey a senior JMM leader to reporters.
A report in a national daily Thursday said that the CAG in its draft report on coal mining has accused the government of having given “undue benefits” to a number of companies, leading to a loss of Rs.10.67 lakh crore to the national exchequer during 2004-09. The CAG has however refuted the report.
Meanwhile, JMM’s alliance partner Bharatiya Janata Party preferred to stay away from the controversy.
“This issue is related to the central government and only it can comment on the issue,” saidChief Minister Arjun Munda.
- CAG disowns coal blocks report, says no loss to exchequer - Mar 22, 2012
- CAG dismisses coal scam report, says no loss to exchequer (Roundup) - Mar 22, 2012
- No information on any scam: Coal minister - Mar 22, 2012
- Let PM speak on coal scam: BJP - Mar 22, 2012
- Table CAG report on coal in parliament: CPI-M - Mar 22, 2012
- BJP seeks PM's resignation over CAG report on coal blocks (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Left attacks UPA coal scam - Mar 22, 2012
- BJP demands Manmohan's reply on CAG coal report - Aug 17, 2012
- BJP attacks PM on coal block allocation (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- No loss in coal block allocations: Government (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- CAG sensationalising coal block issue: Digvijay Singh - Aug 31, 2012
- Advani accuses prime minister of attacking CAG - Aug 27, 2012
- Opposition unites to corner government on alleged coal scam (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- CAG report on coal block allocation flawed: Government - Aug 24, 2012
- Congress asks CAG to respond to public debate on coal report - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: alliance partner, arjun munda, audit report, cag, central government, coal mining, controversy, crore, draft report, jharkhand mukti morcha, jmm leader, manmohan, manmohan singh, polls, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajya sabha, ranchi, shibu soren, short period