PM remembers Salve as distinguished leaderApril 2nd, 2012 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday condoled the death of former union minister N.K.P. Salve, saying India had lost “a distinguished leader”.
In his condolence message to son Harish Salve, the prime minister said: “I was deeply grieved to hear the sad demise of your father.
“Salve was a veteran politician who served the country in different capacities over many decades. He served with distinction in the union cabinet and held the important portfolio of power,” he said.
Salve, 91, passed away Sunday due to age-related problems.
Manmohan Singh recalled Salve as a man of varied interests who made lasting contributions in the promotion of education in Maharashtra and sports in the country.
“He worked hard to develop cricket in the country and was closely associated with the 1987 World Cup, which was held in the subcontinent. In his demise the country has lost a senior and distinguished leader who left a lasting imprint in different areas of public life,” he added.
- N.K.P. Salve, ex-minister and former BCCI chief, dead (Second Lead) - Apr 01, 2012
- PM condoles Arjun Singh's death - Mar 05, 2011
- PM condoles Arjun Singh's death - Mar 04, 2011
- PM condoles death of Deshmukh - Aug 08, 2011
- N.K.P. Salve is dead (Lead) - Apr 01, 2012
- PM condoles Deshmukh's death, calls him trusted colleague (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- PM condoles demise of CPI's Chaturanan Mishra - Jul 04, 2011
- PM condoles Kerala governor Farook's death - Jan 27, 2012
- Prime Minister, Vice President condoles passing away of former Speaker Bali Ram Bhagat - Jan 02, 2011
- PM condoles Dhar's death - Jul 20, 2012
- Goa governor, chief minister condole Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- World leaders condole Saudi prince's death - Jun 17, 2012
- President, cabinet, leaders pays tribute to Deshmukh (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- National leaders condole Dara Singh's death (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- PM condoles Upendra's death - Nov 17, 2009
Tags: condolence message, cricket, decades, distinction, education, India, maharashtra, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sad demise, salve, Sports, subcontinent, union cabinet, union minister, veteran politician, world cup