PM recuperating steadily, may be discharged this weekendJanuary 28th, 2009 - 11:57 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is recuperating steadily after Saturday’s beating heart bypass surgery and may be discharged by this weekend, his personal physician K.S. Reddy said Wednesday.”The Prime Minister is doing very well and may be discharged by this weekend,” Reddy told IANS Wednesday morning.
Manmohan Singh underwent multiple bypass surgery at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Saturday to remove five arterial blockages and has been recuperating in a special room that incorporates an Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
“The Prime Minister is recuperating steadily and is having regular meals. Yesterday (Tuesday) for instance he had roti, dahi-chawal and toast,” Reddy said.
“We will decide whether to remove him from the monitoring facility after consultation with his family. It will depend on whatever the prime minister is comfortable with,” Reddy said.
- PM shifted out of ICU, talks to aides (Second Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- PM doing well, put on a regular diet - Jan 27, 2009
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- PM has breakfast with family at AIIMS (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- PM working more than what we recommend, says his personal physician - Feb 06, 2009
- PM will fully recover in three months: doctor - Mar 28, 2009
- PM moving about freely, talks to aides (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- PM continuing to recuperate steadily - Jan 29, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi visits PM at AIIMS - Jan 26, 2009
- PM makes steady progress, had breakfast with family (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- PM undergoes check-up, is hale and hearty - Sep 20, 2009
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to pay obeisance at Golden Temple today - Mar 23, 2009
- PM walks around, to be discharged 'within a few days' (Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, arterial blockages, beating heart, chawal, consultation, heart bypass surgery, india institute, intensive care unit, jan 28, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, personal physician, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, toast, wednesday morning