PM highlights Sonia Gandhi sloganAugust 15th, 2008 - 10:43 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday referred to the “Rozgar Badhao” (Increase Employment) slogan of Congress president Sonia Gandhi while recalling former prime minister Indira Gandhi’s slogan of “Garibi Hatao” (Banish Poverty). “Our beloved former prime minister Indira Gandhi had said, ‘Garibi Hatao’. Our leader Sonia Gandhi has given us the slogan, ‘Rozgar Badhao’,” the prime minister said in his Red Fort speech to mark the Independence Day.
“Our government is making special efforts to create ‘rozgar’ to fight ‘garibi’,” he said.
“India will be transformed only when every Indian is literate, well fed, healthy and can secure gainful employment,” he said.
- Part-3 of text of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh''s address - Aug 15, 2008
- Rahul Gandhi no potent political force, says BJP - Jun 03, 2011
- Anna act will put politicians under public scrutiny (Comment) - Sep 03, 2011
- Manmohan, Pranab cannot become Congress chief: Gadkari - May 12, 2010
- Make Congress the party of future in Tamil Nadu: Sonia - Oct 09, 2010
- Gadkari questions relations between Gandhis, Quattrocchi - Jan 12, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM; Congress hits back (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Development answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia Gandhi (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Prime Minister's address on Independence Day - Aug 15, 2008
- Text of PM Manmohan Singh's I-Day address - Aug 15, 2008
- India needs to be poverty free, says PM - Aug 15, 2012
- Narasimha Rao receives mention in Sonia's speech - Dec 19, 2010
- PM, Rahul slam Mayawati for poverty in Bundelkhand (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi hails Dhaka's anti-terror efforts, receives award (Third Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- UPA-II showcases strong economy (Second Lead) - May 22, 2012
Tags: congress president sonia gandhi, former prime minister, gainful employment, independence day, India, indira gandhi, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, poverty, prime minister indira, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, slogan