PM does not call the shots in cabinet: AdvaniDecember 14th, 2010 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 14 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani Tuesday said the 2G spectrum scam showed that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was not aware of the happenings in his own cabinet.”Now, we know that the prime minister is not even aware of various things happening in his own cabinet,” said Advani at a press conference of the National Democratic Alliance.
He said that following the leak of the Niira Radia tapped phone conversations, which exposed the link between corporate lobbyists, politicians and businessmen, concerns had arisen about who are involved in the formation and distribution of portfolios.
Advani also reacted to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s statement Tuesday morning that the government will look for solutions through technology to prevent leakage of tapped phone conversations outside the “institutional framework of government”.
“Are these matters that the prime minister should be worried about,” he asked.
The opposition has been insistent on a joint parliamentary committee probe into the allocation of second generation airwaves to telecom companies in 2008 that is alleged to have caused massive losses to the exchequer. Almost no work was done in the winter session of parliament which ended Monday, as the opposition remained adamant on a JPC probe.
- Advani hits out at PM over spectrum row (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- PM seeks report on wiretaps, Advani takes a dig (Roundup) - Dec 14, 2010
- On Radia tapes, Advani hits out at PM (Second Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- I'm aware of corporate nervousness over phone tapping: PM (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Government may tighten phone tapping norms - Apr 25, 2011
- Illegitimate lobbying should be curbed, says Khurshid (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Corporate lobbying not illegal: Khurshid - Dec 17, 2010
- New Radia tapes show lobbying for Raja's ministership - Dec 11, 2010
- Spell out steps to plug leakage of phone taps: SC - Aug 28, 2012
- Spectrum scam: BJP flays Congress bid to tar its leaders (Lead, changing dateline) - Dec 26, 2010
- Face JPC or quit, BJP tells prime minister (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Aware of corporate nervousness over phone tapping: PM - Dec 14, 2010
- 2G scam: Tata, Radia appear before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- Manmohan Singh says tapping of phone must be done with utmost care - Dec 14, 2010
- CBI arrests A. Raja (Timeline) - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,