PM continuing to recuperate steadilyJanuary 29th, 2009 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is “doing very well” and is steadily recuperating from the beating heart bypass surgery that he underwent last week, an official said here Thursday.“The prime minister is eating proper and regular home-made meals. He is doing very well,” Deepak Sandhu, the prime minister’s media adviser, told IANS.
“Doctors are being cautious and not allowing any visitors,” Sandhu added.
Manmohan Singh, 76, Saturday underwent the multiple bypass surgery at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to remove five arterial blockages.
On Wednesday, the panel of doctors headed by Ramakant Panda, vice-president of the Mumbai-based Asian Heart Institute, decided to remove all monitoring devices. Following this, the prime minister moved freely in his room, specially designed for him as it has been fitted with an ICU too, doctors said.
- PM walks around, to be discharged 'within a few days' (Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- PM stable and recovering: doctors - Jan 25, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi visits PM at AIIMS - Jan 26, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- Panda justifies conducting bypass surgery on PM - May 28, 2009
- PM's surgery successful, confirms official spokesperson - Jan 24, 2009
- PM's heart surgeon Ramakant Panda gets Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2010
- PM undergoes check-up, is hale and hearty - Sep 20, 2009
- PM shifted out of ICU, talks to aides (Second Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- PM has breakfast with family at AIIMS (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- PM recuperating steadily, may be discharged this weekend - Jan 28, 2009
- After marathon heart surgery 'PM stable and conscious': head of surgery team - Jan 25, 2009
- PM moving about freely, talks to aides (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, arterial blockages, beating heart, doctors, heart bypass surgery, heart institute, india institute, jan 29, manmohan, manmohan singh, media adviser, New Delhi, panda, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, s media, vice president