PM congratulates Tendulkar on 100th international tonMarch 16th, 2012 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday congratulated batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar on his scoring his 100th international ton, saying that the cricketer had made India proud.
“I join the nation in congratulating Sachin Tendulkar on his making history - a hundred centuries. He has made India proud,” an official statement quoted the prime minister as saying.
“Tendulkar’s long career has been a triumph of class, character and courage. Wish him many more innings and feats to continue inspiring the youth,” he added.
Tendulkar scored his elusive ton against Bangladesh in the fourth match of the Asia Cup in Mirpur. He got to the magic figure in 138 balls, hitting 10 fours and a six.
- Tendulkar deserves Bharat Ratna: Mamata - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendukar hits 100th international ton - Mar 16, 2012
- India erupts with joy as Sachin hits 100th ton (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Mumbai celebrates Tendulkar's 100th ton - Mar 16, 2012
- Enjoy the game and chase your dreams, says Sachin - Mar 16, 2012
- Praise showered on Sachin for century of tons (Intro Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- India's finest salute Sachin (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Bangladesh spoils Tendulkar's 100th international ton (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Cricketing world pays hearty tribute to Sachin - Mar 16, 2012
- Will carry on as long as I enjoy my game: Tendulkar (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Delhi fans delighted at Sachin's feat - Mar 16, 2012
- Kudos to Sachin's hundred 100s: B-Town - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendulkar strikes record 100th international century (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendulkar closing in on 100th international ton (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- UP Politicians sing 'Jai Ho' chorus for Sachin - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: asia cup, balls, bangladesh, centuries, class character, courage, cricketer, feats, India, maestro, magic figure, manmohan, manmohan singh, match, mirpur, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sachin tendulkar, triumph