PM condoles death of Mamata Banerjee’s motherDecember 17th, 2011 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Dec 17 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday condoled the death of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s mother Gayatri Banerjee, saying he was deeply sorry and empathises on her loss.
“I was deeply sorry to hear of the passing away of your mother this (Saturday) morning,” Singh said in a message to Banerjee sent from Moscow where he is on a three-day official visit.
“I know how close she was to you and I can feel your pain and sorrow and sense of loss at this sad happening,” he said.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please accept my most sincere condolences,” Manmohan Singh said in his message.
Better known as Gayatri Devi, the chief minister’s mother was admitted to the SSKM Hospital in Kolkata Nov 25 with kidney-related ailment and was on ventilator support for the last few days. She breathed her last at 8.35 a.m. Saturday.
- President, prime minister condole death of Mamata's mother (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee's mother dies (Second Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Mamata's mother passes away, condolences pour in (Roundup) - Dec 17, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee's mother dies (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- PM condoles Bangarappa's death - Dec 26, 2011
- Politicians, people call on bereaved Mamata - Dec 18, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee's mother passes away - Dec 17, 2011
- Pranab visits Mamata's mother in hospital - Dec 03, 2011
- Manmohan Singh condoles loss of lives in Myanmar earthquake - Mar 26, 2011
- PM condoles demise of CPI leader D. Raja's mother - Jan 14, 2011
- Goa governor, chief minister condole Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Prime Minister expresses grief over loss of lives in China earthquake - Apr 15, 2010
- PM condoles death of CPI leader's mother - Jan 15, 2011
- PM condoles deaths in Myanmar quake, offers help - Mar 26, 2011
- PM condoles Deshmukh's death, calls him trusted colleague (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: ailment, chief minister, few days, gayatri devi, kidney, kolkata, mamata banerjee, manmohan, manmohan singh, moscow, pain and sorrow, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, saturday morning, sense of loss, sincere condolences, thoughts and prayers, ventilator support, west bengal