PM condoles death of Digvijay SinghJune 24th, 2010 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday condoled the death of former central minister Digvijay Singh, describing him as “a widely respected leader”.
“He excelled as a minister in the central government, showing remarkable administrative acumen,” the prime minister said in a communication to his wife.
“Digvijay Singh will be remembered for his contribution to our society and our people in a variety of ways,” he said.
Digvijay Singh, who died in London, was thrice elected to the Lok Sabha and twice to the Rajya Sabha from Bihar.
He was also president of the National Rifle Association and vice president of the Indian Olympic Association.
- National leaders condole Dara Singh's death (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Former union minister Digvijay Singh dies in London (Lead) - Jun 24, 2010
- Kalmadi mourns Digvijay Singh's death - Jun 24, 2010
- Sharad Yadav condoles Digvijay Singh's death - Jun 24, 2010
- PM condoles demise of CPI's Chaturanan Mishra - Jul 04, 2011
- Former union minister Digvijay Singh passes away - Jun 24, 2010
- Manmohan Singh condoles death of former Kerala CM Karunakaran - Dec 23, 2010
- Vajpayee condoles Digvijay Singh's death - Jun 25, 2010
- PM condoles passing away of Dara Singh - Jul 12, 2012
- Parliament remembers Tagore - May 08, 2012
- MPs pay tribute to Neelam Sanjiva Reddy - May 19, 2012
- Central funds are not Congress property: Jaitley to PM - Oct 17, 2010
- Vice President Ansari condoles death of former Kerala CM Karunakaran - Dec 23, 2010
- Clamour grows for larger role in Congress for Rahul (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- 'I am deeply pained to learn of Karunakaran's demise', says Krishna - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: acumen, bihar, central government, digvijay singh, indian olympic association, june 24, Lok Sabha, london, manmohan, manmohan singh, national rifle association, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajya sabha, vice president